Due to Iowa’s coronavirus rules about the number of people allowed to meet indoors, the annual meeting of the Cedar Springs Homeowners Association (HOA) will need to be held virtually this year.
The date will not change; it will occur on Tuesday, January 26, 2021, at 6:30 p.m.
Please reserve that date and time on your calendar now so you can participate. Your attendance is critical in ensuring we have a quorum for the meeting. A draft agenda for the meeting is shown below.
How to Attend
The meeting will be conducted via Zoom. Registration is required to ensure that one property equals one vote in the meeting.
- Register to attend
- Your registration will be reviewed by a member of the HOA board (again, to ensure only one registrant per address)
- After it’s approved, you’ll receive a link via email that you can use to join the January 26 meeting on Zoom.
If You are New to Zoom
Zoom is easy to use and free. You will need to download Zoom to your computer beforehand. This video walks you through the steps to set up your free account and download the program.
You can also attend the meeting using the Zoom mobile app for iPhone/iPad or Android, available from your phone’s app store. We recommend signing in 15 minutes early on the day of the meeting so you can test your audio and video.
If you have a conflict and cannot attend the annual meeting on January 26, we urge you to fill out the Proxy Form that will be included with the annual meeting notice being mailed to every member by the HOA.
Complete the Proxy Form and return it to the HOA by one of the below methods:
- Snail mail: PO Box 781, North Liberty, IA 52317
- Email: Scan/photograph the completed Proxy Form and email it to the HOA at email@example.com
Because this year’s annual meeting will be held virtually, upon receiving your proxy, the current board will send you the ballot items prior to the meeting, collect your voting preferences for each, and cast votes on your behalf in the meeting.
Virtual attendees cannot be proxies for others due to the limitation of one vote per attendee in Zoom.
Cedar Springs Homeowners Association Annual Meeting
January 26, 2021, 6:30 p.m. – Virtual Meeting
- Call meeting to order & establish if quorum present
- Approval of 2020 annual meeting minutes
- Comments from the HOA president
- Financial review of 2020
- Proposed budget and dues for 2021
- Nomination of 2021 HOA Board of Directors
- Report on lift stations
- Committee reports: Beautification plan for 2021. Pond maintenance.
- Other HOA projects
- Other business
PROPOSED DUES: Based on the proposed 2021 budget and cash on hand, the HOA Board will be recommending no change to the annual dues for 2021. All homeowners would pay a general assessment of $100 and homeowners in Parts 7, 8, and 9 would pay an additional assessment of $300 to support the sewage lift station maintenance.
- Cedar Springs, Parts 1-6, 10-12 $100/year
- Cedar Springs, Parts 7, 8 & 9 $100 general + $300 lift station = $400/year